Thursday, August 5, 2021

Gratitude

Today I opened my email and received a message of gratitude from a former resident.

I forwarded the email to the director of the women's houses, knowing that good news is part of what keeps us motivated to do this sometimes difficult work.

The message talked of this former resident's 10 month stay at our woman's program in 2013 and 2014.  She said that while there she learned to live in sobriety and that she now had eight years and two months of recovery.

She wrote about how her experiences at TLC had recently helped her land a job managing a program similar to ours, helping others change their lives.

Emails like this one are rewarding to me because I get to see how the seeds we planted many years ago have spread and grown into opportunites for others to change into productive human beings.  One thing I've learned in my 30 years of recovery is that if we share our message with others they sometimes spread the good things they've learned to those around them.

And to me there's nothing more rewarding than helping others live a better life.  It's one way of making our world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment