Monday, September 24, 2012

800 Blogs Posted


800 blogs in a row...

To me it's pretty amazing that I've been able to do this every day.  There are times, like last night at midnight, that I didn't feel like writing.  But I've heard that's when one must write, when one doesn't want to.

What's the point I sometimes wonder .  When I started it was to share about TLC.  And to force myself to write something each day.

I think I've accomplished both goals in the last 800 days. I now have over 200,000 words in this blog.  More than one person has written to say they've gotten some insight into what we do.  Perhaps the most rewarding is when parents thank me for letting them vicariously share what their child goes through while at TLC.

So how long am I going to continue?  You know, I'm not sure. I once had a vague idea that I was going to do this for a thousand days.  And if that's the case then I'm 80% there.

Probably the real gauge of how long I do this is how long I find it to be rewarding.  And so far it's been rewarding.  I believe this blog has allowed me to develop a more conversational writing style. Sometimes I'll let a higher abstraction creep in when I'm irritated or pissed off. But since the goal of writing is to communicate I believe a conversational approach works best.

Come back tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I will be back tomorrow and I will follow for the next 800. Or if u choose to go to a 1000, Ill be here for that.

    You are a great writer and I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete