Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lying


Someone asked why I didn't force a client – who’d told an obvious lie – to admit his lie.

While it may be a philosophical difference between me and the person who asked the question, reality is I don't care whether he lies. I know he's lying. He knows he's lying. And most of the people around him know he's lying.

The idea that I'm going to make him admit he's a liar won't – in my opinion help anyone. And my ego doesn't require that he admit his lie.

I believe life teaches us lessons.  Eventually this client will learn that lies don't improve his life – and probably will complicate it.  He may learn that lies we tell others are one thing.  But the lies that are hard to escape are the ones we tell ourselves.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment