Gratitude is a regular topic at 12-step meetings. And it’s the first thing to go before we relapse. Because having gratitude is incompatible with relapse – we lose it to pave the way to pick up again.
As I go through this day I reflect on the many things for which I’m grateful.
- I’m happily married to a lovely woman.
- My children are healthy and stay in touch.
- I have close friends to help – and who help me.
- At 73 I’m blessed with health that allows me to work in multiple business operations.
- Our employees and volunteers are gifts from God – without them none of what we do at TLC would be possible.
My gratitude is to all those who help create this dream life that I enjoy.