Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reflection


"We're like the cat that looks at the world through mouse colored glasses - all it sees is mice."  -Author Unknown

A client complained of how tired she was of living at the main woman's compound because of all the "drama."

She said the women there were continually gossiping, arguing, and putting each other down. She said she wanted to be moved to a smaller house so she wouldn't have to put up with that behavior - she was sick of it.

She was kind of taken aback when I suggested she might look at the situation in a different manner.  I told her she could probably eliminate a lot of the drama if she eliminated it from her own mind.

I explained that when there's drama in my life, that's what I see in others. If I'm peaceful  then I  find that people are peaceful.  If I'm loving then I find loving people.   Normally, whoever I am internally seems to be what the world is all about.

Our world reflects back what we are inside.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my daughter. And if it is, thank you for giving her such good advice.

    ReplyDelete