Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Perfect World?


Yesterday was one of those crazy days.

Maybe it started because at aftercare Monday evening I was talking about how we live in a perfect world. I repeated my belief that everything in God's world is exactly is supposed to be at the moment. Did something emanate from that statement? Maybe a test of how much I really believe what I said?

The day started normally enough, with a visit to the gym. But somewhere between there and my house I misplaced my wallet with all of my credit cards, drivers license and some cash. I'm sure it's probably somewhere in a cranny around the house. But I had to start the day without money or credit card or driver's license.

And from there the day became really strange. A meeting with an insurance provider didn't have the desired results. Then a nail in a tire.  After that a client was having difficulty adjusting to the program and had to be taken to a psychiatric hospital. Another client who was reportedly sleep walking and keeping other clients awake half the night had to be moved. Managers at one of the properties were suspected of stealing – or at the very least allowing security to become so lax that clients were able to steal money and property.

Sandwiched between the above were normal business things that take up most of a typical day. The result was a 14 hour non-stop day.

Do I still think we live in a perfect world?  Yes…

No comments:

Post a Comment