Friday, May 4, 2012

Another Counselor


We usually get two kinds of emails. One kind says we’re doing a great job. The other is from unhappy former clients who didn’t succeed while with us. Below is the kind we like to receive.  (Name has been omitted for anonymity.)

“Dear John,  my name is __________. I was a h-12 and worked for you for years. You probably don’t remember me but I also know how many people you have met in the last 20 years……TLC repeatedly saved my life from 2000-to 2008, and helped me go and finish college. 

Thanks. Today I am a CAC2 and work in the recovery field as a Certified Addiction Counselor in my hometown of Augusta Ga. I will have my Masters in Addiction by 2013. I moved home in 2009 and married my high school sweetheart, and I am enjoying every minute of it.

 None of this would have been possible without the incredible patience of yourself, Rocky and Jack. Poor Jack caught a lot of heat for me, God bless him. Again thank you for not giving up on me.  I owe you a debt I can never repay. I am, yours truly, ___________”

Of course I remembered this client very well and congratulated him when I answered his email. As he mentioned, he tested our patience. But, in his case the time he spent with us has changed his life.

For us, this is the essence of what we do...

No comments:

Post a Comment