Friday, May 11, 2012

Keeping On...


God works in strange ways.

Because all week I was wondering about why I write a blog each day, and wondering how long I should keep on, and what’s the point and blah, blah, blah…

Then I go to a meeting and hear a newcomer talking about the blog. He’d read all 650+ postings and that’s what convinced him to come to TLC and into recovery. And he thanked me for saving his life.

Well, that’s all it took! Once I got my alcoholic ego back to size I realized that the blathering I put in this blog sometimes allows outsiders a window into how things work at TLC.

The guy appreciated that I don’t just try to make TLC look good.  I talk about complaints clients make about the program – whether it be the food, the rooms or the managers. I publish nasty emails right along with the good ones. 

But hopefully, when one reads back through a few postings they get an idea how one group of recovering addicts works to carry the message to others. They get a glimpse at how we think and what we do.

Sometimes we carry the message very well, sometimes we stumble. But one thing we are good at is showing up each day to try and get it right.

And if this daily routine helps one person do something better in life then it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment