Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Reminder

Yesterday a manager came to my office carrying a small black box under his arm. It contains the ashes of a former employee who died a month ago of a drug overdose.

As he places it on the corner of my desk I'm again reminded of our deadly disease.

Often in TLC groups I'll point our that we're in a life and death battle with our addictions. Each of us.

Yet sometimes I'll sense that the words fall on deaf ears. That maybe clients think I'm being overly dramatic to make a point.

Though our business might look like any other to passersby, inside our walls we work to save lives.

We provide a stream of information, education, meetings, and groups.  But sometimes the clients aren't ready.  Or else don't quite get it.

And when that happens we might get notice of another addict who didn't make it.

Or maybe someone delivers their ashes.

Click here to email John