Monday, January 11, 2016

Ironic

We're praying for a long-time sober TLC resident hit over the weekend while riding his motorcycle in Scottsdale.

The police said the 81-year-old woman that hit him was under the influence.

Reports are that he's in ICU with severe brain trauma. At this writing his prognosis is uncertain.

This accident underlines, once again, the perils of driving under the influence.

I don't know how many hundreds of times I foolishly drove while out of my mind.

And I was in half-a-dozen accidents. But thank God I was the only one injured.  I didn't hit anyone. I just drove off a cliff, hit street signs, or rolled the car. Just dumb drunk luck that no one else was injured.

Most accidents I hear of involve impaired drivers. And in fact, I think statistics show that something like over half of accidents are by those driving under the influence.

It seems ironic that one of our own has become another victim.