Monday, June 13, 2016

Spirituality

There are many definitions of spirituality on the internet and in dictionaries. Some define it as a connection to a religion. Others define it as a connection to something larger than ourselves. Most all agree it's intangible - as opposed to physical.

In any case, it was the topic of a business meeting held by the TLC staff.  Various managers talked about how they maintained their spiritual fitness.

Some spent a few moments in prayer. Others read a meditation book while having a cigarette and coffee first thing in the morning. Of the 40 plus managers, none had the exact same view of spirituality.

My view of spirituality is that it's not something we practice only in the morning. Or just part time.

I believe that if something goes sideways in my day it's because I've lost my spiritual connection. For example, if I find myself angry or upset at someone there's nothing spiritual about that. If I find myself always in a hurry or impatient there's nothing spiritual about that either.

Being spiritual, to me, doesn't mean that I'm constantly in prayer or meditation. But it does mean that my life is running smoothly and that things are in balance. It means, above all that I'm kind and compassionate to others.