Sunday, August 14, 2016

Afraid of Change

Years ago, long before I got sober, I worried a lot about how I would live without drugs. What would I do without friends? What would I do for fun? What would I do with all the spare time I had on my hands; after all hustling drugs was a full time occupation.

Not that I had friends, just using and stealing buddies. As far as fun goes, I had none. All I did was live with anxiety and demoralization, wondering when I would get caught stealing something or buying drugs.

Boy was I wrong. I've never been busier in my life. And it's not busy things that I don't enjoy doing. I love getting up in the morning and going to the office. Looking forward to the challenges of the day.

As far as fun goes, I have a lovely wife who goes with me on four to six vacations a year. Our mission in life is to enjoy each other and the time we spend together.

For those of you who hesitate about getting sober, read this carefully. Living sober is far superior to what you have now. Don't let fear of change hold you back.