Friday, August 19, 2016

Home Again

Back home again. And at the office after taking a day to rest up from an all night flight.

I don’t know why I spend head space thinking about work when I’m on vacation. When I get bacK it never fails that things are running smoothly. Everyone is doing what they’re supposed to be doing. No drama waiting for us.

Still, part of our evolutionary nature is for us to be looking ahead. To make sure there’s not a hungry tiger around the next corner waiting to eat us. Looking ahead always has always been a survival tactic for me.

But getting home and finding everything in order is nice.

In fact, what’s even nicer is getting home and finding that things are running better than when you’re on the property.

To me that shows that our staff is well-trained and responsible. And that we could probably spend a lot more time away if we really decided to do so.

In fact that last sounds like such a good idea I might spend more head-space there.