Friday, January 20, 2017

Writing a Blog

Today I was reminded about why I write this blog.

And that was during a phone call with a parent who told me he reads it each day. He said he started following it because his son has never done as well as he has since he came to our program. He may wonder what TLC does different.

And the son has been to a number of programs over the past two years - at some expense to his family. But he kept relapsing when he left.

But back to why I write each day. I do it mainly for the family members so they can understand how we run our program, what we do differently. But I also do it to improve my communication skills.

I have this on again off again fantasy about writing a book someday.

In fact I've put together some 800,000 words. That includes about 500,000 words in this blog alone. One of these days I might start pulling related blogs together and make an inspirational book from them.

I know it won’t change my life much, but at least I’ll have a sense of accomplishment.