Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pending Relapse?

I tell a client that he's in relapse mode.  But he doesn't understand what I mean.   He seems to think he's okay as long as he's not using drugs.

Then I outline for him the list of behaviors he's been exhibiting lately:

Missing meetings.  Staying up past midnight.  Leaving his living area like a pigsty – including piling dirty dishes under his bed.  Bad attitude.  The list goes on, but you get the idea.

Much different than when he arrived.   For his first few months he was compliant.  Always on time for appointments.  Never rationalizing.  Grateful.

But now he's back to doing what he wants when he wants - as if he doesn't care.

My conversation with him kind of fell on deaf ears.  He halfheartedly nodded in agreement, but I could tell his heart wasn't in it.

Hopefully, he won’t pick up.

Click here to leave a comment