Friday, October 4, 2013

Note from Puerto Vallarta

It was time for vacation.

And last week it became apparent that I was ready.  All week long I was answering requests.  People wanting help.  A constant stream.

In themselves necessary requests.  People need things.   Large things, small things.  Sometimes just a word of encouragement.   And our job is to respond.

And on top of that, the day to day routine of running a large corporation like TLC.  Insurance.  Real estate. Taxes.  Meetings with accountants.  Meetings with insurance agents.

Then in the middle of all of this my wife went for "minor" sinus surgery.   Which turned out to be not so minor after all.  When she went to the clinic she was supposed to be able to drive herself home.   Then I got a call that she needed transportation.  And when we got home I was mopping up blood with wash rags – something that sort of freaked me out because I felt so helpless.

And while I wasn't close to a meltdown, I found myself saying that I was tired of giving. That I needed to be refreshed.  I was doing everything I was supposed to.  Meditation.  Exercise.  Eating right.  But I could feel myself approaching my limits.

Yes, this vacation was right on time.

Click here to leave a comment