Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Keeping On

Now 1200 days in a row. No breaks. No sick days. No vacations.

Three point two eight years of writing this daily blog,

And sometimes I wonder - what's the point?

Then last week a reminder of why I write each day.

As I walked into the treatment clinic I met a new client who said she came to TLC because of things she'd read in the blog. She thought we might understand her issues.

Probably more than anything else the idea that someone finds inspiration here is enough.

Over the years I’ve heard from family members - usually parents - who follow this blog because their child’s in our program. They say it’s a way to stay in touch.

It's rewarding to present a message that helps someone step into recovery, to help an addict find redemption.

Heading for 1300.

Click here to leave a comment