Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Back Home

A nice break.  Seven nights on the Mexican Riviera.  Enjoying the sunrise from the patio overlooking the marina.  No reporting to the office.  Not doing much for anyone but my wife and me.

Leisurely workouts at the resort gym at 7:00 am, instead of the usual 4:00 am when we're at home.

Eating downtown at 100% Natural, a favorite restaurant that's remained unchanged for the 18 years I've come here.

Once in a while accompanying my wife to a massage, something she enjoys nearly every day we're here.

Reading. Relaxing. Writing.

Then back to the airport today and the plane home.

Regrets? Not really. Sometimes I fantasize about doing this full time. But a big part of feeling good for me is the role I play in helping others.

For much of my life it was about being a self-centered hedonist - about chemically induced euphoria. A state that I was unable to maintain for long without getting into some kind of trouble that would cost me my freedom.

Today feeling good comes from building and operating an organization that helps others better their lives. And in the process my life- and the lives of my loved ones - improves.

So it's good to be back to home and work.