Friday, February 6, 2015

Acceptance

A woman wonders what to do about a relative who's never on time.

And I shared something simple that works for me. Get into acceptance.

In other words, if you know this person is always late accept it. Or else stop doing things with her.

My wisdom comes from 12 step literature - and acceptance is one of the most useful messages to embrace.

For once I accept whatever it is, then I can do something about it. That is, if something needs doing.

For years I found myself disappointed about what others did or didn't do. Once I got into the program I discovered the power of acceptance. And when I use it I immediately find peace.

I can move forward with my day without wrestling in my head about people not living up to my expectations.

Try it the next time you're frustrated about anything.

Click here to email John