Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Gratitude

Sometimes I get an email that says a lot about our program. Here are excerpts from one of them. I deleted his name to protect his anonymity.

"I first came to TLC in 2004. Graduated after a year then went back out. Needless to say it got worse. I had an option in 2004 after overdosing on vodka and Valium. Yes it was intentional. I came back to TLC after an eight or nine year run.

After the ER, detox, and counselors gave up on me I one day said I couldn't do this any more.

Went to the hospital said I was suicidal and needed help. That I wanted to go to rehab. They held me in ICU for three days and shipped me to detox for seven more. Then they put me on a bus from Grand Junction, Colorado.

I arrived at TLC September 5th, 2013, and did my intake.

I'm coming up on 18 months the 28th of February. I'm still a resident, due to God, A.A, C.M.A. and N.A. and T.L.C.

Also doing the suggested work. I'm glad to be a sober individual and I decided to express gratitude to everyone involved that got me here. So thank you."


There's not much I can add. This man used our program to change his life. And for us, that's what it's all about.