Friday, December 30, 2011

Gratitude for 2011

In the final days of 2011, I'm filled with gratitude.

I'm grateful for another year of sobriety.  For a year of relatively good health,  being able to function as well as I do. For a new marriage to a woman who brings joy to my life.

Further, because  I work at TLC with some 600 clients I have many other reasons to be grateful.

We have clients succeeding in the face of emotional and physical challenges that one time drove them to alcohol and drugs.

We have a team of some sixty employees who find fulfillment - not in money or benefits - but in working in an environment where they help others while staying clean and sober themselves.

I'm thankful our non-profit is still afloat in an economy that's been challenging for even well-funded businesses.

I could go on and on to the point of being boring, but the real message is that if we look at 2011 with eyes of gratitude we end up with a long list.

No comments:

Post a Comment