Monday, December 5, 2011

Number 502

Today’s blog is number 502, a little over 16 months of creating and posting a daily blog. My initial commitment to myself was to post a daily blog for a year, then make a decision whether to continue. At the one year point I decided to keep on indefinitely.

One initial reason for doing a daily blog was to force myself to write each day – an exercise to improve my writing. The other reason was to give those interested, family members, prospective clients, and others, some insight into what TLC is about. This has worked on both counts.

Probably some of the more rewarding responses I receive are from parents who have children at TLC. Some have said they derive comfort from the various blogs and feel a connection with what their children are going through.

My policy when writing about clients or their families is to not break their anonymity. If I include their issues in a blog it is without names. The point is to talk about the issues and not the personalities. And sometimes how one person does or does not resolve an issue can provide insight for someone else for someone else.

So tomorrow is number 503.

No comments:

Post a Comment