Saturday, December 31, 2011

Benefts of Sobriety

A client with several months' sobriety was ecstatic at how her family treated her this Christmas.

 "Last year," she said,  "I received a call from a family member asking me to promise I wouldn't go to the house for Christmas. And I didn't."

Smiling, she described how this Christmas family members prepared food and drove across the valley to spend the day with her.

“They spent much of their day cooking and driving to make sure I had a nice Christmas. I’m so grateful.”

She attributes the improved relationship with her family to her new-found sobriety. After a long history of drug use and jail terms she's finally on a path to a new life.  

Her story is another illustration of how life can improve once we remove the drugs and alcohol  from our lives.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment