Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Being a typical alcoholic and addict I still live life based on a lot of self will. Many times I want to base decisions on my first reaction, rather than trusting God and his universe to provide solutions for me. I sometimes believe I have the answers - and the answers come from within.

I do this in spite of the evidence I’ve had over the past 20 years that if I accept that life is exactly the way it’s supposed to be everything will work out – no matter what the situation.

While this might seem the esoteric ramblings of a recovering addict I’ve been able to do what I do today because I’ve finally surrendered to the idea that powers greater than us guide our existence. Today the problem for me is not that I have trouble believing this – it’s recognizing the answer when it’s before me.

I don’t care whether the question is personal or if it involves our business, if I try to listen and look for answers they seem to show up right when I need them.

A good example happened recently when I was trying to over-analyze the potential for a new business operation. I was trying to step out of my normal routine of just trying something, anything, to see what will work. In this case I was trying to become technical and over-analytical, which is not how success has come to me in the past. Finally, in the face of my frustration I decided to make a commitment. This week, we’ll have a new on-line store for TLC.

And if it doesn’t work the only loss will be a shredded ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment