Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Writing a blog each day is an interesting challenge. My goal, when I started this project, was to write each day from the perspective of recovery. After producing a blog for over 200 days I've accomplished this.

But perhaps somewhere, in the back of my mind, I thought maybe more people would read it then the statistics indicate. Is that my ego? Sure. I think every aspiring writer has this vision of people beating a path to the door to read his stuff.

An unexpected and pleasant benefit has been the response from parents. I guess when parents are desperate they will grab onto most anything, even my blog. Probably half the comments and responses I've received are from parents who read this to learn about TLC. And parents who’ve made follow-up calls gave good feedback. So if the only thing I’ve achieved is to help one or two people into sobriety, then I've done some good.

If we do something positive we're going to get a positive result. Many times, though, we don't know what the result will be.

More than one sponsor has told me that my responsibility is to do the work. The results are up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment