Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Recommendation

I'm always looking for new and positive ways to enhance my sobriety. I spend time at the gym six days a week, I meditate at least once a day, and as much as possible make a habit of eating well. I try to read positive and uplifting things that to support my sobriety. And recently I found a blog that falls into that category.

The blog address is zenhabits.net and I'd recommend it to those who seek more serenity and less stress in life. The blog has nothing to do at all with recovery, at least in the sense that I normally write about here. In fact, the guy who writes the blog once in a while includes mentions of a certain kind of wine he drinks. Also, the site has nothing to do with Buddhism or religion. It's about living a simpler life, getting by without all of the stuff advertisers think we need - like clothing with logos and cars that cost as much as a house. But it goes beyond that. It talks about how to simplify our work day, our workspace, and how to reduce the amount of time we spend  working. It also talks about how to travel with less and keep life simple. The author's ultimate goal seems to be to free us to pursue the important things in life: like time with family and friends and doing things that have real meaning.

The site also has links to another blog he writes about minimalism. This is the first time I've recommended another site in this blog. However, if you take a look you will understand why I sent you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment