Tuesday, June 19, 2012

700 Club


Two years ago I made a commitment to post a blog each day. And I've succeeded.

No matter how I feel, no matter how busy, no matter where I am – at home or on vacation – I post this blog. And today, if my calculations are correct, this is number 700.

I got the idea after reading another gentleman's blog each day. He is more disciplined than I. He focuses upon spiritual matters. He has an uplifting message each day. He is smooth and consistent.  But I was inspired by him to do something similar.

In any event, I look upon this blog as a forum that forces me to write each day, a means of giving outsiders insight into TLC's workings. It's a place for me to vent and share my point of view. Sometimes I'm preachy. Sometimes inconsistent. At times I anger people. Probably the only consistency is the recovery aspect.

I don't hide anything. I talk about TLC's successes.  I discuss failures. One day I write about fighting bedbug infestations. The next I might write about our new outpatient treatment program and how rapidly it's growing. Battles with the government. Financial challenges during the economic downturn. 

The most rewarding responses I get are when family members say they read through the blog before deciding to send their loved one to TLC. They appreciate that I talk about the good and the bad in our program. 

And they get the message that – even with all our flaws – our focus is on helping others into recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment