Monday, June 4, 2012

Serenity for sale: $100


Since I've been sober I enjoy existing in a state of serenity and peace. And when that state of being is disturbed I immediately go for a solution.

My serenity was disrupted this weekend when my wife and I were visiting San Diego for a few days - a cool post-birthday respite. 
Now normally she and I disagree about little. Before things escalate we're able to move in another direction. And we didn't argue this weekend - but things were getting a little testy as we were in heavy traffic trying to get to a restaurant downtown. It seemed like everywhere we went we were having communication challenges.

However, we found a technological solution for around $100. Before we returned to the hotel we took a quick trip to Target and located a Garmin GPS mapping device to guide us through traffic and on to our destination.

It's easy to use, has a short learning curve, and best of all our serenity's at the right level once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment