Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Contemplating


Listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer on an audio book (“Excuses Be Gone”) this morning as he discussed contemplation, the idea that the external world conforms to the internal world we fashion in our mind.  In other words, we become what we think about all day.

If we constantly think thoughts of lack – visualizing what we don’t have – then our powerful magnetic thoughts reach out to the universe and bring us lack.  As Dr. Dyer explains, by picturing what we don’t have, we bring impoverished circumstances to our lives.

If I’m constantly telling myself “I can’t lose weight,” “I can’t quit smoking,” “I can’t find the right partner,” “I can’t find the right job,” “I can’t stay sober,” I’m sowing the seeds for those negatives to develop into reality.

So, how do I change this pattern? Dyer says it’s simple. We start picturing our life as we want it today.

I’m sweating through the last yards of a 10k as my friends urge me across the finish line. I’m walking slowly across the stage to pick up my Master’s Degree while my family looks on with tears in their eyes. I’m opening my pay envelope and there’s my fat raise. I’m smiling as the real estate agent hands over the keys to my new house. I swell with pride as I accept my five year chip. I’m enjoying the smell of my new car as I drive off the lot.

As Dr. Dyer says, no one ever built a ship by picturing things that won’t float, or an airplane by visualizing vehicles that can’t get off the ground.

It starts with our thoughts and the images in our minds....

No comments:

Post a Comment