Sunday, July 29, 2012

More Blessings...


I was enjoying the monsoon sky last evening while floating by myself in the pool and reflecting on the blessings of sobriety.

My thought was to enjoy a ten minute dip to cool off.  Instead I found myself doing lazy backstroke laps for nearly an hour while I appreciated what I have today and where it comes from.

And of course the life I enjoy today is a direct result of a decision made over twenty years ago: to change.

And what happened is that I quit wasting my life energy trying to escape from a reality that has turned out to be an amazing series of blessings.

Today I have a fine wife, a circle of friends, and more material things than I need to be comfortable. 

And every day I have an opportunity to be a positive influence in the lives of others because of the recovery program we started over twenty years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment