Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Congratulations

Great news today from my youngest daughter, who's five weeks pregnant. This'll be her first child, an event that some of us thought would never happen.

I'm happy because now I'll have grandchildren from each of my children. And I'm happy for her because she's wanted a child for some time; I know she'll be a great mother.

For me this is an example of how blessings unfold in sobriety. When I got sober 23 years ago I just wanted to escape the pain. Nothing more. I didn't look down the road to predict the blessings that have come into my life.

Had anyone asked me to draw a picture of what my life would look like 20 years ahead it would have fit into a small frame.

And now a new member of the family adds to the blessings.

Click here to leave a comment