Friday, July 11, 2014

Blessing of Recovery

For around 20 years our family has enjoyed a week each summer at the beach in California

Most of the grandchildren weren’t born when we began.

This tradition started after a friend of mine – who has over 30 years sober – told me he took his family each summer. He’d been doing it for a long time. I liked the idea so much I stole it from him.

Not everyone in our family makes it each year. Sometimes other responsibilities interfere. But usually there are about 15 of us sharing three condominiums fronting on the ocean.

It’s always a time of getting reacquainted, of spiritual renewal.

It’s also a time of gratitude for my recovery because none of this would've happened if I hadn’t walked into the rooms of recovery in 1991.

Click here to email John