Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Moment of Reflection

How am I starting my day?

Have I awakened with a load of problems on my to-do list?

Before I even put my feet on the floor am I trying to figure out how I'm going to accomplish everything I must do?

If this is the way I begin, my day might not go very smoothly.

Perhaps I should begin again. After all, we’re allowed to start our day over.

So let's take a few deep breaths and get centered. Feel the oxygen penetrating deep into our lungs. Feel our circulation awakening.

We look around, noticing our circumstances. Maybe we say silent words of gratitude for the many blessings in our lives.

Maybe among those blessings are our health. Or perhaps our loved ones. Maybe something as simple as that we have a home. That we live in a secure country. That we have a job.

When we start our day like this, with a moment of reflection, things might go better.

Then when the rush of responsibility comes upon us, we are able to handle things with calmness and confidence.

Click here to email John