Monday, February 1, 2016

Self - Care

 "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." Jim Rohn

I love this saying because it carries an important message wrapped in a bit of humor. If you follow the link I've provided here you can read about this remarkable author's career.

While Jim Rohn was called mentor to the masters I'm only focussing here on what he said about the importance of heatlh. And I go there because I've known too many addicts who get clean and believe that's it. There nothing else to do. But they are so wrong.'

Most of us come into recovery a human wreck. Hep C.  Kidney problems. Meth mouth. Emphysema. This is only a partial list.

Many addicts keep smoking. Glutting down the non-food handed out through drive through windows. They exercise just enough to work the remote or open the refrigerator door. But that's about it. If health maintenance takes any kind of work they're done with it.

I'm aways ragging on those in recovery about their health - and with mixed results.

I don't think any of us got clean or sober so we could develop health issues. Yet what kind of choices are we making if do nothing but ignore the greatest gift we've been given?

Duh...

Click here to email John