Thursday, November 17, 2016

Grateful for Home

Finally out of the hospital and happy to return home. And back at work Monday.

Three days in a nice hospital isn't much different than three days in a nice jail. Even though the food and accommodations in a hospital are better, the common ingredient is lack of freedom. Being able to do what I want when I want.

But it reminds me that many people can't get out of bed at all because they are handicapped for whatever reason. Stroke, spinal injury, brain damage or other physical problems.

I can't begin to imagine how people mentally adapt to living their lives under those conditions without being in total acceptance. They must pull upon some kind of supernatural strength that carries them through such circumstances.

When I think of them I realize that I have nothing to complain about. And much to be grateful for.