Monday, December 26, 2016

Spreading Love

At a Christmas party today I got a message that shows me how love spreads and multiplies.

An in-law, who always attends our annual family reunions at a Southern California beach, asked two summers ago if it would be okay to bring a young relative to the gathering. She explained that the child’s family never has fun get togethers like ours. And that we could be a positive example for her. I told her to bring her along.

When she returned home she told her family of the welcome she received and the fun she had with us. Her enthusiasm so impressed them that now they’re planning reunions of their own.

And when I got the thank you I was genuinely impressed that this youngster has already developed the ability to express gratitude.

Later, while writing this, I realized that showing love usually always has good consequences - sometimes far-reaching ones.