Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Awash in Gratitude

An employee – who’s also become a friend - visited my office the first of the year to express gratitude for the life he enjoys today.

He'd been to Phoenix Children’s Hospital at year's end to visit a granddaughter who has a chronic medical condition that requires ongoing surgeries if she's to survive.

        "That visit to the hospital and seeing all those kids with serious medical problems made me realize once again how blessed I am," he told me.

This employee, a former client who's worked for TLC for several years, has always expressed gratitude for his sobriety and his employment with TLC. Until he finally got clean several years ago his meth addiction led him to prison and separated him from his family.

Today he has a responsible job with us and is a key person we can count on when we need help. He never says no.

As he left the office I felt my own gratitude for being a small part of this man’s new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment