Saturday, January 21, 2012

Gift from God

God gave me a lesson in gratitude while I was waiting outside a convenience store for a friend who was inside paying for gas.

While there, I overheard a heroin addict on a a pay phone making a drug deal. His clothes were dirty and he kept looking around nervously as if he was doing something wrong and about to be caught.

I heard the stress in his voice as he implored the dealer to hurry up with the delivery and it transported me back to over 21 years.

For at one time that was me. In those years I lived in the insane cycle of being either sick or high and never being able to get enough drugs to keep balance in my life. And then there was the constant fear of being either caught with drugs or arrested while stealing something to trade for drugs.

Before I left I handed him my card in case he someday wants  help. As my friend and I drove away I was awash in gratitude. And grateful to God for delivering me from my addictions...

1 comment:

  1. everytime you give a blog it brings God Glory and you believe so thats one of the things I would like to talk about I am in Phoenix and my one of my assignments is to be helpful to others who came from the pits like myself please tell me a good time to call you or meet with you.
    bLESSINGS AND THE PEACE OF GOD ALWAYS TO ABIDE WIH YOU pASTOR TERRY

    ReplyDelete