Monday, January 23, 2012

Surrounded by Love


I'm always touched when I see people showing love and kindness. And I witnessed this a few days ago while I was in a hospital ward waiting for a minor medical procedure to begin.
 
Behind the drawn curtain at the next bed an older woman's family members were comforting her prior to a lung biopsy she was about to undergo.
 
While the nurse explained what the woman should expect during the procedure, she also kept mentioning that children and other family members were close by for support.
 
As she spoke the family members would say things like "Mom, we’re here with you." or "You'll be alright."  When the patient responded I could hear the gratitude in her voice.
 
The whole scene reminded me of the importance of love and kindness when we're going through difficult times. 

 It’s the same support we see in 12-step meetings as we support one another when we face challenges in our recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment