Friday, April 6, 2012

Hurting Those We Love

Here's a poignant email from a concerned mother that illustrates the havoc we create until we get clean and sober.

“I have a troubled son who lives in another state. He's almost 25 years old, and has burned just about every bridge he's ever crossed. He's been an addict since he was about 15 years old, quit school, has done both jail and prison time. He also had convictions for probation violations. He spent about a year in county jail and 11 months in the prison system
                        
“He has lost his place to stay, wrecked his car, has no job, and is asking ME what he should do now. While doing an internet search for homeless shelters, the link to your transitional living
program came up. I've spent a couple hours on the website, and really enjoyed reading your blog posts, I read a couple month's worth, very insightful!! I especially loved the ones concerning families and what
they will do for their children, and how it eventually has to stop!! I've gone through thousands of dollars, 2 cars, and more sleepless nights than I even want to recall.

"I guess the point of my letter is that when he calls me back to ask me again what he should do...I am going to ask him if he's ready to change his life, to SAVE his life. My husband and I will pay for him to come to AZ by bus.  Or I can have him call your toll free number. I don't really anticipate him making the right decision, but I guess he could surprise me, and I realize that me "forcing" him to go is a waste of time, but I am going to put this out there as an option for him.
 
"Even if he decides not to come to AZ at this time, he may eventually come to the realization that if he wants to turn his life around and make something of it he's going to have to take a giant step and get
help. Thanks for listening!!" 

            We wish her and family well...

No comments:

Post a Comment